COVID-19 Information and FAQ
1. Are you currently trading?
Yes all stores are currently trading with minimal disruption.
2. What practices have you implemented to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19?
We have implemented additional cleaning and sanitising protocol in every store as well as social distancing measures ensuring all areas of our business abide by the 1 person to 4 square metres rule. We have also implemented internal measures to ensure our staff are practicing vigilant hand washing and hygiene practices and encouraging any staff member with any symptoms to stay at home.
3. Can I still get a loan through you?
There has been no change to our pawnbroking loans and we will assess each item and customer on eligibility and value of a loan as we normally would.
Please note that we ceased cash loans (pay-day style loans) in all our South East Queensland stores from November 2019 except our Hervey Bay location which still offers both cash loans and pawnbroking loans.
4. Can I still sell items to you?
There has been no change to buying secondhand goods and we will assess each item on condition and value as we normally would.
5. Can I make a payment on my loan without coming in store?
Yes, we encourage making payments without visiting our store. Please review the direct deposit details on your loan ticket, or contact your local store for more details.
6. If I pay off my loan can you ship my item/s to me instead of having to pick up instore?
If your item is suitable to ship then we can ship your item to you. Note that a shipping fee may apply, please contact your store for more details.
7. If the Federal Government moves to further lockdowns will you still be trading?
As we give access to money we believe we will be deemed an essential service and will continue to assist customers with short term money requirements. If this changes we will update accordingly.
8. If there is a significant lockdown what happens to my loan?
In the instance where we are forced to close, we will freeze all interest accruals on pawnbroking loans from the date of closure. Upon recommencement of trading, we will continue this period for 21 days to allow a reasonable time for collection/finalisation of loans.
1. How can I purchase items?
Unless further restrictions are introduced we are trading as normal, you can purchase both instore or online.
2. If the Government imposes stricter lockdowns will you still be open?
We predict that during a total lockdown, our retail stores would be deemed non-essential and we would close all retail stores but remain trading online.
3. If there is a significant lockdown what happens to my Lay-by?
In the instance where we are forced to close, we will freeze all Lay-Bys from the date of forced closure. Upon recommencement of trading, we will continue this period for 21 days to allow a reasonable time for collection/finalisation of Lay-bys. We will not force any forfeiture of Lay-bys during this period.
4. If I purchase online, when will I receive my purchase?
During the Covid-19 disruptions we will endeavour to ship your item same day however this may not always be possible. Please also expect some delays in shipping time during this period.
5. Do you have Buy Now, Pay Later options?
We currently offer ZIP as an option to pay now, buy later on our online shop only. Look for instructions during check out process.
6. Can I pick up instore even though your retail store is closed?
In a partial lock down we expect our Buys and Loans department to be trading which is where you can collect your purchase from. Please bring your order confirmation and ID with you.
7. What is the best way to contact you during this period?
We offer a number of ways that you can contact us. As we are experiencing a high volume of customer queries currently we ask that you make contact with us as follows:
Preference 1: Chat through our website www.pennywise.net.au (business hours only)
Preference 2: Facebook Messenger – store specific Facebook Pages
Preference 3: Email (see contact us page for store specific emails)
Preference 4: Phone (see contact us page for store specific phones)
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection